We just got back from vacation last night. As we drove along I began thinking about how I would structure our school year. I'm usually very unorganized and I don't think my children really learn what they could. So this year I decided to be more dedicated to my children. I'm putting off the things that I would normally do like sew for others and teach piano. I'm going to start my day at 7am so I can have the house ready for the children to start learning. I don't want to be distracted by the mundane things like dishes and mopping while there are more important things to do. I want to hike more, go on more field trips, find interesting things to read about and get books from the library and actually turn them in on time! My goal is to focus 100% on doing things for their education while I'm awake. Maybe I'll even let them help me make dinners! So please think about what the beginning of YOUR "school" year will be like and send your ideas and goals to me at loriensmother@msn.com. You can sign your name or just put anonymous.
Pictures to submit: Your best vacation photo of kids, family, scenery, or bugs found this summer.
Thank you!
Stewart Falls Hike in Provo Canyon, Utah, 2 miles in 2 miles out! And they're still smiling!
Anne Stevens
No comments:
Post a Comment